Monthly Archives: May 2011
Corgi Cross-breeds of the Day: Redditor Lbj1212 spotted a corgi/husky mix(huggi) at the beach, touching off a corgi cross-breed show-off, which yielded a corgi/chihuahua mix (chorgi, second above), a corgi/Jack Russell mix (jorgi), and a corgi/lab mix (corgidor, below).
Got an even cuter corgi mix? Let’s see it.
Comedian Eugene Mirman (of Delocated/Bob’s Burgers fame) reads aloud a full page ad he recently ran in New York Press and elsewhere excoriating Time Warner Cable for being the worst.
Funtivity: Replace “Time Warner Cable” with the cable company of your choice and the crux of his message magically remains relevant.
Background starts @ 3:13; letter recital starts @ 4:38.
This Is Funny, You Should Watch It of the Day: Sesame Streets newest talk show, Conversations With Bert, hosts actor, comedian, filmmaker, esteemed Leo, haiku lover, pancake visionary, and all-around groovy guy Andy Samberg.
Before And After of the Day: Missourian Aaron Fuhrman a self-taught landscape photographer has been traveling around Joplin, photographing heartrending panoramic shots of the devastation left in the aftermath of Sundays tornado.
Fuhrman lined up one of these panoramic photos with a Google Street View screencap of the same intersection to illustrate the comprehension-challenging extent of damage caused by the twister.
Say Redditor rorykins: “I think my dog is a cat.”
Responds Redditor andeegal126: “No…he/she is just pioneering Dog planking. Way ahead of the curve, you should be proud.”
Things That Are Real of the Day: If you must believe in something, believe in Pole Fitness for Jesus.
Comedy’s Lovable Queen of Mean Lisa Lampanelli made good on her promise to donate $1,000 to the Gay Men’s Health Crisis for every Westboro Baptist Church member who showed up to protest her recent stand-up show in Topeka, taking to Twitter after the show to say “Thanks to these a-holes, $44,000 will be donated to the GMHC!!!”
She later bumped it up by $6k, tweeting “WBC inbreds counted 48 protesters, so I won’t quibble. I’ll make it an even $50,000!!!”
Best part? The donation will be made in the hate group’s name. Thanks WBC!
- Ashley Blue’s memoir will retail for a cool $200 and will include one of her pubes in the book jacket.
- Adult film veteran Peter North busts out in Hollywood Undead’s latest music video.
- Joanna Angel offers sex and relationship tips — specifically to “watch porn” — to Curve Magazine readers.
- Prepare yourselves (your neighbors, too), for tomorrow is World Naked Gardening Day.
- Justine Joli wants to be in a sandwich with Rachel Maddow and the MSNBC host’s girlfriend.
[“This is what a second grader said to my friend” via reddit]
On May 17, 1861 — exactly 150 years ago — Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell and photographer Thomas Sutton (who invented the SLR camera that same year) used three projectors fitted with red, green, and blue filters to combine three black-and-white photos of a tartan ribbon shot through similar filters, thereby forming the world’s first color photo (above) and, consequently, the “basis of nearly all subsequent photochemical and electronic methods of colour photography.”
The moment Will Ferrell’s porn-stache hit the big screen seven years ago, adult film magnates everywhere must have known that Anchorman was primed for a porn spoof. (Why it’s taken this long to make, however, is beyond us — perhaps the porn parody phenomenon wasn’t quite in full swing by 2004.)
Yesterday, smut veteran Jack Lawrence tweeted that principal photography has begun on New Sensations’ Anchorman XXX: A Porn Parody, and he’s taking on the titular role.
See another Twitpic from the set of Anchorman XXX after the jump.
Counter-Strike Bin Laden Compound Map of the Day: A multiplayer map based on the dimensions of Osama Bin Ladens Abbottabad compound has been created using Counter-Strike: Source.
Available for free download, it can be used as a base for a bomb or hostage map at a later stage.
More images of the map after the jump.
This x That:
- Report: Pakistan agreed to bin Laden raid 10 years ago.
- Intel gathered at Osama bin Laden’s compound suggests al Qaeda leader wasn’t sick, enjoyed healthy sex life.
- Woman who says she was raped by Gadhafi forces flees Libya.
- Der Tzitung on scrubbing Hillary Clinton from SitRoom photo: Our policy of not publishing photos of women “in no way relegates them to a lower status.”
- RIP: Dana Wynter, Invasion of the Body Snatchers actress, dead at 79; playwright Doric Wilson, at 72; actress Sada Thompson, at 81; playboy Gunter Sachs, at 78.
- Meredith Vieira officially announces Today Show exit, Ann Curry to step in.
- BIO orders Bristol Palin reality show.
- Time zone change will separate Samoa and American Samoa by a whole day.
- Everything Tracy Jordan Said in Season 5 of 30 Rock.
Look At / Listen To This:
- The Big Picture: Mississippi River flooding.
- First Listen: Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s The Book Of Mormon, original cast recording.
- Republican Rep. Aaron Schock exposes his torso to the public — on purpose.
- NewsFeed: Change of Heart: NYU Student Refunds Profits from ‘Osama’s Dead’ T-Shirts.
- Tea x Time List: 10 Famous Unsolved Mysteries Easily Explained by Science.
- Above: “Embarrassing Photo Protective Sunglasses” from Urban Outfitters. (via.)
So This Happened of the Day: Can you smell it? Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is officially back at WWE after seven years away, making his triumphant return on last night’s Raw, where he announced that the rumors were true — he will in fact be hosting Wrestlemania 27.
“I am back in this ring…[and] I am never ever going away.”
“CAN YOU SMELL IT?”
LEGIT CHILLS, YOU GUYS. My 12 year old self is weeping.
UPDATE: And here was his dramatic entrance…